• Photo Thumb
  • Photo Thumb

Course Amenities:

InstructionRestaurant
Driving RangeBeverage Cart
Banquet FacilityChipping Green
Club RentalPro Shop
Outdoor PatioSnack Bar

Country Club of Rochester

2935 East Avenue Pittsford, NY 14610

(585) 381-1800

Course Website

One of the oldest golf clubs in America, The Country Club of Rochester was founded in February 1895, by a group of golfers, members of the Genesee Valley Club, who wanted to form a family club. Land was purchased on the Brighton Road (East Avenue) near the corner of Elmwood Avenue in the Town of Brighton. A farmhouse on the property served as the first clubhouse until 1902, when it was destroyed by fire.

The first golf course had nine holes, laid out on either side of the Brighton Road. Each hole was given a descriptive name, in the British manner, and these names persist as designations for the guest rooms in the present clubhouse (Hub, Stonewall, Hickory, and Blue Point).

As interest in golf grew, the original course was changed and expanded. Donald Ross, Scotsman, and pre-eminent golf course architect of his time, designed what is essentially the Country Club course that we play today, followed in recent years by Robert Trent Jones and Arthur Hills. A Master Plan restoration was completed in 2004 by Golf Course Architect, Gil Hanse.

Number of holes: 18